Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Auto Attendant on Merlin Magix 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

jcrew77

IS-IT--Management
Jul 13, 2008
US
I know there is a lot of discussions on this topic, but I am not finding exactly what I need. Part of that might be that my ignorance far extends what I know about it.

My goal is to take several trunks/pools that ring an Operator Console (x101) and make them go straight to Auto Attendant 4 (right now on x399) with no delay.

I have the Auto Attendant setup and can go through it by dialing x399. I have tried to assign a pool to Call Group 770, but that does not seem to be allowed. WinSPM seems to do it without error, but in reality doesn't. SPM (through WinSPM) dings at me when I try to add pool 8 (grumble) to Group Calling 770.

I have strolled through the Magix Feature Reference, but I am not finding anything that jumps out to me like "Enabling your Auto Attendant".

This is my ignorance and if I need to just get a consultant, I will continue to make that case. Some things I suspect might be stopping me from doing what I think I should be doing:
We use Night Service now.
We have QCC operator (x101) specified.
I this interpreted process completely backwards from how it actually goes.

I thought about doing this:

But I am weary of the unintended consequences (again my ignorance).

The only reason I am evening attempting this myself is because I failed to be specific in January when asked by my bosses if I could do this (when I was buried with a lot of other more pertinent concerns). I looked at the AA setup in Merlin Messaging and said "Piece of cake" and it is. I didn't think (ignorance) that making calls route there was going to be much harder. Actually I didn't think about it at all. But I have half convinced them to bring someone else in to do it.

In the interest of brevity, does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks in Advance,
Jeremy Gruen

My first thought is that the lines are assigned to another calling group, or they are in a POOL.

I would suggest you do a "PRINT" of your calling groups and pools and just where those lines are assigned.

If so, call that group and see what happens.

The "STANDARD" way to do this is to assign the lines to a seperate Calling Group, then overflow that Group to the Voice Mail Calling group, (setting parameters to make it go there in the time frame you desire) and programming a MAIL BOX for the GROUP being overflowed as the Auto Attendant you wish to use.

Since x399 is already built as the correct AA and if you have PRI then simply route you incoming number to the extension. If they are analog lines then you have to give line ownership of each line to x399.

Well as a test I assigned line 511 to Calling Group 777. I set 777 to Overflow to 770 after 1 second. I associated 777 in the voicemail with Auto Attendant #4. When I call it still goes to the operator. But I am having someone come in. Hopefully I can understand from them what it is I am missing. Thanks.

Does anyone know of someone in the St. Louis area that do work on the Merlin Magix? Or if anyone feels comfortable making this change remotely (I can not guarantee that there is any remote access configured). My primary vendor got knocked down when he actually said this in an email:
"I was unable to put an exact time on the quote due to our unfamiliarity of your request and system, but I did note that I would adjust the invoice to the amount of actual time spent performing the changes."

I think he was simply trying to say, "I won't quote two hours because it might take four and then you won't want to pay for the extra two." But it hit me badly and my superiors even worse. So I am looking for someone else.

Thanks,
Jeremy Gruen

lines>trunks>principle user
Assign each trunk to x399. That will give x399 line ownership. Assuming that when dialed directly, x399 goes to the appropriate AA then you should be set.

merlinman can fix you up in short order if all else fails.

I probably need help. The LineTrunks>PrncipalUsr seemed promissing, but I enter 511 for the line I am testing and then 399 when it prompts:
"Enter principal ext for Remote Forward/Coverage" in SPM, it just beeps at me.
I thought maybe it was because there was a QCC Oper setup for Trk 511, but I tried it with 501 as well and it did the same thing.
Trk SS/PP RemAccess Pool TlPrfx HldDisc Principal Prty Oper
501 1/ 1 No Remote Yes Long 4
502 1/ 2 No Remote Yes Long 4
503 1/ 3 No Remote Yes Long 4
504 1/ 4 No Remote 72 Yes Long 4 101
505 1/ 5 No Remote 72 Yes Long 4 101
506 1/ 6 No Remote Yes Long 4
507 1/ 7 No Remote Yes Long 4
508 1/ 8 No Remote Yes Long 4
509 2/ 1 No Remote Yes Long 4
510 2/ 2 No Remote Yes Long 4
511 2/ 3 No Remote 8 Yes Long 4 101

I failed to state it earlier but this a Magix R1.5 V6.0.

I do appreciate all of the help. It hurts a bit that I can not seem to wrap my mind around why I can not do this. If some one thinks they can do it remotely... I have approval to offer $200 to whoever can make it work for us.

Contact me to flesh out the details.

Thanks,
Jeremy Gruen

Did you get your help?? You could not assign line 511 to 399 because it was already assigned to ext 101 as principal user - so you would need to delete that line from 101 first - then re-assign it to 399.

Tom Daugirdas,
President
STCG, Inc.
stcg.com

Jeremy - I doubt that it would cost that much.

You can probably find contact info for someone in their posts.

Due to the rules:

"This site gives no personal information to anyone for any reason. Please don't post your e-mail address or phone numbers because it attracts salespeople, spammers, and stupid recruiters to the forums and we do NOT want them around. This site works the best when conversations are kept on a technical level. Thank you."

We are not allowed to post email addresses, but we are able to post website info.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back