Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Auto attendant on Avaya VmPRO (ip office) 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

joezzz

Technical User
Feb 9, 2007
DM
Hi all ,

I currently have an auto attendant setup on VMPRO.

The Tree goes from start point-----to Test Condition (work hours) on True it goes to MENU

From menu the callers have the option to dial 1-6 for six departments

On False option on the TEST condition (out of work hours) the call goes to a menu with a closed recording, then at timeout goes to a transfer which is a user setup with unconditional forward to voicemail so callers could leave a message.

The problem is the timeout call to that user rings a few times before being answered by Voicemail .

How do i get the false option on TEST condition(out of hours) to the menu with the closed recording to automatically ask the callers to please leave a message after the beep without ringing?

thanks much

Just replace the Transfer action with a Leave Mail or Listen action set to the mailbox in which you want the message left.

Stuck in a never ending cycle of file copying.

Cheers.

Now I've had some encouragement, if you still want the out of hours calls to try ringing somewhere, replace the Transfer with an Assisted Transfer that tries the extension and then links to a Leave Mail if not answered/busy.

Stuck in a never ending cycle of file copying.

Hi again,

I have an incoming call route to the main Extension 200 routed to VM:AutoAttendant thus the Auto attendant answers ok... however if I need to give the user at extn 200 the ability to reroute her incoming call route straight to her extension 200 so she could be able to answer incoming calls how do i begin to put this together?

thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back