Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Auto attendant not picking up 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

mkirros

IS-IT--Management
Feb 17, 2004
We have an ancient Merlin Legend system with Merlin Mail (both release 3), and I recently got handed administration of them when other staff left. I'm a computer networking and database guy, and my experience with phone systems is limited.

I've got Night Service working properly, but Auto Attendant is not answering the phone if someone calls and the receptionist doesn't answer. I've got the AA menu set up, but based on other posts here, it looks like I need to have an extension set up as the AA extension. Is there any easy way to check to see that the AA extension is, or if one is even set up, besides running through all of the extensions on the system? One post here suggested that it's typically 7300, but that's not set up on our system.

Usually, If the MAIN ATTENDANT has the numbers you want to go to AA at night, you just include the Voice Mail Calling group in the NIGHT SERVICE of that extension.

MENU > SYS PROG > EXIT > NIGHT SERVICE >GROUP ASSIGN > CALLING GROUP > [ENTER NS ATTENDANT NUMBER] (10, 100 or what ever it is) > And then (A) you will see what it is and/or (B) you can add it right there.

-merlinmansblog.blogspot.com

Thanks. I don't see a group listed there. Is there any way to find out what the group numbers are? Like I said, I'm new to this end of things.

The "GROUP" would be what is dialed to access voice mail.

If there are buttons programmed to call voice mail, press INSPECT and then that button and see what it says.

If that doesn't tell you the group number, then put that phone in Programming Mode (Feature ZERO ZERO) and press the button.

-merlinmansblog.blogspot.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back