Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Auto attendant not picking up

Status
Not open for further replies.

nortelfan

IS-IT--Management
Sep 9, 2002
US
I have AA running on a CallPilot 100 connected to a MICS 0x32. I have unchecked the "enable general mailbox delivery" and have gotten to the following problem. When I call the main number I get "The person you have called is not available" and then the recording I did for the CCR Tree number 1 comes on and does work. I have company greetings recorded, but it I turn on the above general mailbox, the system doesn't answer and simply goes to the general mailbox voicemail. Turning it off makes it look like the greetings are not picking up, but the system is then smart enough to move on to the correct CCR tree. What could cause this? No company greetings play at all.

It has something to do with the fact we receive 4 digits in for our DID numbers I think. The log in CallPilot shows an error about there being no extension 2840, which are the last 4 digits of our main number that I want AA to pick up on. Don't know what to correct.

If your DID, Recvd. Digits are incorrect, it will default to GD. The Vmail realizes your incoming DID is not a valid DN, and defaults to GD.

Adversity is Opportunity

The digits are correct for everything else we do with direct dial numbers to certain phones. It seems the CallPilot gets sent that 2840 every time from the system. Is there a way to work it out?

My confusion is if I call the system in a normal world, what is getting passed to CallPilot? Seems to me a call that normally comes to ext. 221 would just be answered by AA??? Doesn't seem like any extension should be called at the point the main number rings into the building.

Still Stuck - tried some translations, but not sure it would work, or if I had them right.

Do you have the Main # (2840) built as a Target Line and is that Target Line set up to be ansewered in Call Pilot AA, with a certain Greeting Table? If so, it will ask, what Greeting Table and how many rings.

Adversity is Opportunity

That was it. I built the target line and then as soon as I set the line to answer, it worked fine. Thanks for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back