Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Auto Attendant - Incoming calls

Status
Not open for further replies.

robnkauai

Technical User
Oct 11, 2006
US
All:

Due to a power outage I lost my KSU and software card. The KSU has been replaced, but the card lost it's config and defaulted to factory. I'm in the process of reprogramming but am having a little problem with the attendant console portion.

Before crash - when callers called our main number it would ring at our receptionist and if she didn't answer it would go to a greeting " welcome press # for directory, ect" . This person also had her own ext.

Now - When callers call and if she doesn't answer it goes to her personal voicemail box. I'm not required to change the settings in call pilot manually to get the greeting to appear.

any thoughts?

I changed line 157 to rec# the digits and pointed to her ext.

is there where I went wrong?

If you want the Gen MB to answer MB 100 has to be assinged the recept phones extention not a personal one. Delete the personals extention and give it to the GMB.

2 choses, either change the AA to answer on less rings or change her Forward no Answer to a higher ring count. What is happening is that her phone is forwarding the call before the AA has a chance to answer.

was i suppose to point line 157 to her extension? if so, with the changes you've recommended, do i need to still change the answer mode in lines administration? I want it to pick up after she doesn't answer.

also, regarding the GM I don't believe that was used last time... just a company greeting....

one more thing.... now when I call and I have the AA to answer line 157, it doesn't ring on the recep. phone..

Because you have the AA answering line 157 at 0 (zero) rings. There is and adjustment, on the maun AA page.

check to make sure these things...

1. make sure ur grtg is recorded properly ( can u hear the msg when in programming when ur playing it back to yourself? )

2. make sure ur line 157 is picking up the proper aa and if ur using ccr dont forget to enable it. make line pick up ln 157 and in most cases it will be the only one youll have to set to y and make the rest n.

3. make sure ln 157 is rining at the console and if not get the programming look at ur target ln. programming and line assignment of that set. hope that helped you

norstar boy - thanks a lot.
1. recorded greeting is correct
2. made sure 157 is picking up g1
3. changed to have line 157 ring at the console..

in the past it used to show "Line 01" when an incoming call would appear at the console... now I get nothing but just the ringing..

what's different? is there something in the main programming i've done wrong? i just want all calls on the PRI to show up at her ext. with caller ID. i've changed the setting on her particular ext for caller id... but no dice.

I usually put the main target line on the console with about 6 or 8 appearances, depending on volume of calls, then have AA answer at about 7 rings with CCR options to leave a message pointed to MB 100 etc. in case operator is too busy to front all of the calls. You could also do some nifty things with Hunt Groups if you need more people to backup the receptionist.

MarvO said it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back