Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Auto Attendant Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

JarHead2078

IS-IT--Management
May 17, 2011
US
Can someone point me in the right direction? I have an OPT 81C with Meridian Mail and would like to set up what I think is called "Auto Attendant."

I have a customer who has 10 extensions and 4 DID's. They would like outside callers to call a number, lets say 1000 and hear a message like, "You have reached ABC Co. if you know the extension of the person you would like to call please dial it at this time." If they don't dial a number it goes to I think an ACD que and dials the first available number. Once all 4 DID's are busy they get frowarded to a company voice mail.

Don't really know where to start. All help is greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance for your assistance.

This will help you navigate:
1. Create an Auto Attendant
2. Create a Voice Service DN entry that links extn 1000 to your new Auto Attendant
3. Make extn 1000 an ACD or Phantom that points to MerMail's main number (same number you call to check messages)

This alternative makes a menu work like an Auto Attendant

Find more at GHTROUT.com

GHTROUT,

Do I create the Auto Attendant in Meridian Mail?

Yes, in Meridian Mail. The PBX itself does not have any capability to do that. Meridian Mail is considered a separate box.

Find more at GHTROUT.com

GHTROUT,

Thanks for the point in the right direction. I will work on it and let you know my outcome, or ask more questions.

I've got another question. If I set up the "Auto Attendant" with an ACD of say 1000 and I set it up a "Thru-Dialer", once the person dials the extension they would like to reach will the 1000 number be freed up to accept another call. There are going to be a total of 10 internal extensions (they can only be called from within our switch, no outside party can call directly to that extension).

Also, is there a way to limit those 10 extensions to 4 calls at a time, both incoming and outgoing? In other words, all 10 extensions can place calls inside the switch at the same time, but they can only make a totall of 4 incoming or outgoing calls at the same time outside the switch. Hope this isn't too confusing.

The Meridian Mail system is only used during the time the caller is hearing their choices and getting transferred. After that, the connection is between the calling and called party - MerMail is out of picture.

I do not see a way to put a cap on the calls.

Find more at GHTROUT.com

It has been a while since I could get to this. Now I am ready to work on it. Can anyone tell me how to set up the Auto Attendant in MerMail? Thanks in advance for your help.

Yes, start here: thread798-1682758 There are a lot of pointers. Step 1: Log in and navigate MerMail

Find more at GHTROUT.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back