Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

auto-attendant from handset

Status
Not open for further replies.

petenutz

IS-IT--Management
Dec 11, 2006
US
I have an enduser that wants to be able to change the auto-attendant from home on an NBX v3000. I'm told it's possible by 3com but the admin manual only covers the web interface. I've tried trying to "check messages" for extension 500 but that doesn't work. Can someone explain how to do it?

Thanks,
Peter

I would VPN to the V3000 and use pcXset to change the AA.

Don't know of any other way to do it.

regards

Ruben

Wow you are pushing me to remember. This absolutely works - I designed it. It is really a leftover from R1 when you only had 1 AA and a TUI interface. You can only change the AA menu for 500 -- Support should know the steps but you log in with 0000 as the password. If you have access to an older manual - it is in there.

Thanks XNBX12 . Straight from the horses mouth.....cool. I'll look around for the manual. I already tried trying to log in to the voice mail for ext 500 but it says no such mailbox.

Thanks,
Peter

I found it -- Page 223 of the V3000 admin guide from 3Com.com (i used 3c10600a to find the manual) Under "Voice Application Set-up utlity" Mailbox 999 or 9999 (3 or 4 digit dial plan) password 0000

The directions below are from a 3Com handset but it would work from any phone in the world just dial in and get to your v-mailbox and then press * to change mailboxes.

Using the Voice Application Setup Utility
From a 3Com telephone, you can use the Auto Attendant Setup Utility.

Follow these steps:
1 Lift the telephone handset, and then press the MSG button to access the
Voice Mail system.
2 At the voice mail password prompt, press *.
3 At the voice mail extension prompt, dial 999 if you are using a 3-digit dial plan or 9999 if you are using a 4-digit dial plan.
Enter the Auto Attendant password.
The default password is 0000.
3Com recommends that you change this password.

press 1 to assign actions to dial pad key, 9 to record
greetings, schedules, change password

Follow prompts to assign key pad button actions, record and play back greetings, change the schedule (morning, afternoon, and evening) and change the Auto Attendant password.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back