Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Auto Attendant Day/Night Schedule?

Status
Not open for further replies.

owee69

Programmer
Feb 28, 2005
US
I have a customer thet has a BCM 400 and a PRI. They have four Hunt Groups with DID's assigned to each. They would like to have the Auto Attendant answer the lines assigned to the hunt groups after 3 rings during the day, and after 0 rings at night. This is a basic setting on most other Voice Mail systems, but I can not figure out how to do it with CallPilot. Maybe I should be using something other than the AA since the only options they want in the AA menu are operator, directory, and transfer to a specific mailbox (different one for each Hunt Group). Can anyone please help? Thanks.

If you have a look on my website under downloads. There is some free training and in that there is a guide to setting up the night service to ring the mailbox straight away.In short you set the voice mail DN in a ring group and set the ring group to be the night service.That way when the system is set to night service the calls go straight to voicemail.

Marshall

website

You need to register to get access to the downloads section.

Will I be able to make the calls go to any mailbox, or just the general delivery? Thanks for the quick response.

owee69:
In your first post you said you wanted the calls to go the AA, which MrMarshall touched on via night ringing.

In your next post you ask about a specific mailbox. Both scenarios are possible, but the methods to get there are different.

You need to decide if you want the AA, or a specific mailbox to answer.

Or, after re-reading MrMarshalls post, perhaps he does have a way to send the night ring directly to a mailbox.

I want the calls to go to the AA, but I got the impression from MrMarshall that I could only use ringing services to send the calls to a mailbox since AA doesn't have it's own DN, which is an okay solution, as long as I can choose which mailbox the call is sent to for eash ringing service.

You can use the night ringing scenario to send calls to the AA. The vmail is smart enough to know where the call is coming from. So that when a call is fwded from an extension, it will play that ext's mailbox personal greeting.

With the night ringing scenario, you are simply adding the first port of the vmail to what already rings. When the vmail gets the call, it 'sees' that the call is coming straight from an outside line and plays the AA assigned to that line under Line Administration. From that AA you can choose to have the call go directly to a mailbox by making the CCR Home node a Mailbox Node. Or whatever you wanna do.

Just keep in mind that the night ringing just changes WHEN the vmail picks up, not what plays so make sure you have a separate CCR tree assigned for the night period of time.

MRoberts

Hi Guys

what do you want it to do?

If you want it to go to a mailbox it can be done if you want it to go to a menu it can be done. The way it works is as follows, The system goes straight to voicemail the BCM uses the settings that are set against the line in the call pilot. You would use the time settings to use different greetings and CCR trees to enable different settings for day and night. YOu could even use three settings and do day ,lunch and night depending on how you want it set up.

Marshall

I feel like a moron for this (I am still rather new to the BCM, though), but I was never able to get transfers to the CallPilot DN to take me to the AA. It always took me to the general delivery mailbox instead (or a user's mailbox if the transfer was from their DN), making me think that the only way to get a user to the AA was tolet the AA answer on the set number of rings in the admin table. I think this wrong idea was help along by the fact that there is no way for a user to transfer a call directly to the AA, which is usually possible with other systems. I just assumed that this was just one more thing that was different about Nortel. However, today I discovered the option of disabling the general delivery mailbox, which seems to have solved all of my problems. Many thanks to everyone who has helped me on this, or any previous occasion. MrMarshall, your site is awesome, and thank you for all the documentation you have made available.

Just a wee note you can transfer someone to a AA if you have answered a call and want to transfer to an AA. This is possible.

Marshall

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back