Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Auto-Answer issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

tklamb

IS-IT--Management
Mar 24, 2008
CA
I Just configured my call-center agents to auto-answer ALL and I am getting a few complaints.

There have been a few occasions where eternal ACD calls are apparently dropped and and internal calls suddenly connected without even a tone.

Also on a few occasions agents say no zip tone is heard... callers are suddenly there saying Hello?

fyi - terminals are 2420 fw5 with auto-answer configured to: none.
- s8720 CM 3.1.4

Any thoughts would be appreciated, thanks

You should put a "whisper" announcement on the vdn's. loook for "vdn of origin announcement" on the vdn form. Record a small announcement, eg. "sales call", "technical call" etc. that relates to the type of call coming in. This small announcement (whisper) is then played to the agent before the call is presented, so the agents hear the annoucnement saying "sales" for 1 second or so and they then know a call is about to hit and they can answer the call properly without being startled at a caller suddenly appearing.

[Started on Version 3 software 15 years a go]

Thanks but from my understanding the 'whisper announcement' will only work with direct dialed vdn's from an external numbers.

My vdn's are internal extensions behind an auto-attendant so whisper would not work am I correct?

thanks

Never mind I just proved my theory wrong, will work with vdn override.

thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back