Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Auto Answer acd - zip tones

Status
Not open for further replies.

TykeUK

Technical User
Jul 27, 2004
GB
I've had a few complaints that zip tones are occasionally not heard on incoming acd calls. There's no difference between the calls it's just on some occasions the call is just straigh through.

They are all coming through the same VDN to the same hunt group, all the 4621SWIP phones with plantronics headsets!

I just can't see a reason for this?

Anyone got any ideas?
CM2

Is a whisper played or is it just the zip tone? How loud is the surrounding environment? We have had users saying they don't hear the tone and they are in the middle of a loud area with their headset volume turned down low.

Ratman01 - no whisper is set to play for these calls and at the moment there are only 25 people in an office so the noise levels aren't very high. The majority of the time they do hear the zip tone but randomly the call is just straight through!
Thanks

try to update the firmware of the phones. i have cm 2.2 using 4610,same issue. just updated the firmware.

every phone is on 2.23 and it's not certain phones that has the issues it's all but randomly

I have the same problem but I'm using 8410D 2410, and 4610 firmware 2.8. So I guess that rules out the firmware issue. I have CM 2.2.1 whenever I upgraded from 2.0.1 to 2.2.1 it broke. The only way to get it to work is to set the phones to none on the auto answer field on the station but I need it to work for ACD. Any help in a possible fix would be great!

Any luck with this? I started getting complaints in one location of the same thing. Random, only occasionally. Can't see any issues anywhere that might lead to what is causing this. Mine just started up this past Friday 10/16/09. NOthing has changed and our IT guys say they haven't changed anything either.

Check into if you have the latest service packs for the Communication manager server. I had the exact same issue on CM 3.1.2 and the latest patch at that time (12866) resolved the issue completely.

Example of changing length of ziptone
Code:
display tone-generation                                         Page   2 of  21
                       TONE GENERATION CUSTOMIZED TONES

Tone Name        Cadence        Tone
                          Step    (Frequency/Level)
    zip                     1:     480/-17.25         Duration(msec): 950
                            2:
                            3:
                            4:
change to this
Code:
display tone-generation                                         Page   2 of  21
                       TONE GENERATION CUSTOMIZED TONES

Tone Name        Cadence        Tone
                          Step    (Frequency/Level)
    zip                     1:     silence            Duration(msec): 300
                            2:     480/-17.25         Duration(msec): 650
                            3:
                            4:

A great teacher, does not provide answers, but methods to teach others "How and where to find the answers"

bsh

35 years Bell, AT&T, Lucent, Avaya
Tier 3 for 25 years and counting

I have a NEW user that can not get a zip tone at all, everyone else is fine, the phone will ring, the display is fine, the call works without any issues, just can't get a beep in the headset. i changed out the phone "Call Master V" and headset "Plantronics" with a known working one, still nothing.

Is it the agents login or something?

We have experienced the same issue with no zip tone or low volume on zip tone. After trouble shooting I found that all the stations reporting this issue where using the same CLAN. The FW was 007. I am planing to updated the firmware on the CLAN and see if it corrects the issue if not I will replace the CLAN. When the same stations registered to a new CLAN they no longer had the zip tone issue.

Updating the firmware on the CLAN resolved the issue. I updated to FW 21. Even phones on this CLAN are no longer reporting the no zip tone or low volume zip tone anymore

NO whisper is set for our agents but a few claimed to have heard it...is it on their logins or the phones, they are all using CallMasterIII and IV

Miayo,

I belive this is set at the VDN level. You may want to ask your agents reporting this to tell you based on the display on their phone wich vdn the call came on. Then remove the announcemt extension from the "VDN of Origin Annc. Extension" on that specific vdn. You can also do a "list VDN" and should be able to see what vdn's have ann annoucemt extension in the "Orig Annc" Colum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back