Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Auto-agent saluatation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stupot2k

Vendor
Oct 5, 2001
GB
Does anybody know how to configure an automatic greeting for ACD agents. IE an announcement is played from an announcement board when and ACD agent answers a call. EG "Thank you for calling Acme Telecom, how can I help you" thus ensuring that all calls are answered in that way. I've heard that it can be done but can't figure out how.

Stu

I believe what you are thinking of is a Callmater VI telephone. It is a small phone with a software application you install on you PC that "talks" to the PBX. It works in conjunction with you PC to provide TAPI functionally so you can use windows applications to dial from. The phone also has 10 announcements you can record, they are stored on the phone so you would normally always use the same phone for a paticular agent. The software allows you to select what announcemnt you want to answer with by default, or the agent can select which one they want when they answer the call. Hope this helps

Chris

I think more likely what you are looking for is the 'in-ear announcement' delivered to an agent just before a call is delivered. You set this on the VDN form, "VDN of Origin Annc. Extension".

I think he is looking to send the audio to the caller not receive the audio. A VDN origin is for agent audio to prompt the agent, not audio for the calling party to hear.
Stupot2K could you verify this?

Chris

Thats right I want the Caller to hear a standard greeting. This is possible on a number of other ACD's, and I have heard that there is a workaround which works on Definity. This may be a myth.

I have also heard of a Headset MPA which can supply a recorded announcement.

I am aware of the Callmaster VI option, but the customer involved has 400+ Callmaster IV and changing them would prohibitive.

many thanks

Stu

You might want to consider modifying one or more Fragments. We have changed a few of them on this site, using a single individual and thus presenting a consistent voice to the callers.
Doug Frith
Accord Communications

I'm not with you there Doug, could you expand on that.

Thanks

Stu

I'll check but I believe the Callmaster IV has a built RIM module (recorder interface module). I do not know if it is for recording audio only or can be used to "play" audio. I'll do some checking and let you know when I get a second.

Chris

I am pretty curious whether this is at all possible. Did you find anything Chris?

There is one way to do this.

Add a new annoumcement number and then record that particular announcement on this announcement number.Then create a vector which will play this announcement.Define this vector in a prticular VDN.

this is the way in which i think u can play ur announcement.
hope it works.

The probelem is though that you want to play the announcement after the call has been passed to the agent, in effect after vector processing has stopped...

Not crazy about softphones myself, but what you probably could do,is if you have IP phone capabilities, use the IP softphone.
IP softphone has a feature where you can start an application on your pc when a call comes in.
Never tested it live, but I figure this could be playing a WAV file
The voice channel could routed to your PC as an H.323
According to Avaya this should even work in combination with a hardphone now,if it is set up as "telecommuter", or "desktop application" whichever suits you best.
The downside is the PC is now controlling the rest of the phone features as well.

Rob

The feature you reference is called a "smile". It is a feature of the Call Center package installed on your ACD/Switch. We use Avaya Call Center Elite (they've recently changed product names: love them marketing guys!), and this a feature of the software package. Call your Avaya rep for more details.

The RIM built into the callmaster is an Avaya custom item. I will check sometime this week to see if there is a method to externally connect the RIM to a extrenal device allowing you to play audio back to a caller. I know there is a Plantronics Headset adapter that allows you to record what is being said. I have one on my phone. Let me do so testing and see if it would allow you to play back a greeting. I'll let you know.

Cheers

Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back