Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

authorware quiz

Status
Not open for further replies.

NoviceFlashUser

Technical User
Sep 1, 2003
SG
hi

I am a teacher. I like to use authorware to create a quiz to be used in a lan enviroment so that the results will be captured in a MS database. What is the simplest way to implement it? Please advise

The simplest way is to just write the data out in a text file (comma or tab or special character delimited) and then import it into a table in Acccess (I'm assuming that's the MS database you're working with).

Otherwise a more difficult option is to use a third party tool like Datagrip or V12 database from Integration New Media. I haven't actually used V12 so you'll have to look into that on your own but I've used Datagrip to read & write data to an Access database and it's worked pretty well--of course it requires you to learn SQL and you may have to install files on the users system (it requires either MS Access or the Access runtimes and/or DAO to be installed on the user's system).

Another option is to use ODBC, and I've toyed with that in an Authorware class but it's not been an option (due to very restrictive IT policies) for any of my projects so far so I've never used it in an actual project.

HTH,
steve

I am also very new to Authorware and am looking for VERY basic information on publishing a quiz.

Any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back