Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Authentication

Status
Not open for further replies.

paul00

Technical User
Mar 27, 2002
LT
Hello

I have messages from win 95 systems
The domain password you supplied is not
correct or acess to your logon server
has been denied

supply a little more info, are you connecting to a 2000 server on a domain controller, have you setup the services in the network setup?

Thank you leehillyard for attention

I am tired because this problem
I search net greatly. I tried such things:
1.Install Wins
2.Disable second NIC on both DC
3.Remove IPX
4.Disable direct host
5.Use lmosts
service packs as sosks for w9x
ad clients for w9x

My configuration : two PDC WK native mode
DHCP and DNS and WINS on 1DC
he has main FSMO roles
mixed network
100 -w9x clients
400-w2k and NT clients

Hi,
Just 2 check whether it's a tcp/ip protocol issue - Can u add "Netbeui" to the server and the Win95 clients. Can you tell me whether the win95 clients are able 2 logon wth Netbeui enabled

thanks,

dpc123

There are not Netbeui protocol on DC
Must it will be?

Try installting the AD Client on the Win 9X workstations.
Older workstations would required the DC to run in mixed mode,
Do the NT 4.0 workstations connect.

The Active Directory client is the Clients folder on the Windows 2000 Server CD-ROM.

Is IPX installed on the Win95 pc's? I had the same problem with Win98. I bound IPX (on Win98 PC's) to the "Client for Microsoft Networks" client. This worked for me.

hello

Yes i have ipx
i have not netbeui on server
I dont know why my DC havent NETBEUI protocol
when I amm trying to add
I know that w2k must to have it
but it is not

Did you get your problem fixed? I responded to another post with the following:
I just had this same issue here on my network using W2K Servers with combination of 95,98,2k, and XP clients. 95/98 clients not connecting was an issue with Wins. It had a number of tombstone entries and for some reason WINS had 169. addresses in it. Our network is 172. Come to find out since we are using a fiber nic, the two on board ethernet cards that weren't in use some how got enables and when WINS was trying to assign, it was using a combination of 172. and 169. The 169 was because the nics weren't set up, but WINS saw them and pulled in 169. Very mixed up so to speak so disabled the nics not in use, deteted all the tombstone and 169 entries and made sure the server was in the wins scope defined the domain (the server) and immediately we were able to go to 95/98 clients (the only ones with the issue) and they were able to log in. Hope this helps.

Thank you byohe
I did not fix it. I removed
all win95 from domain.
They log into network without domain.
Workstations have only one nick.
But Wins server has two nicks and subnets.
So I think that microsoft do not enought good

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back