Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Authentication through OWA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wodill

MIS
Feb 6, 2003
US
Currently when our users access their Exchange 2003 mailbox through OWA, they need to enter our domain name\username in order to properly authenticate.

I found the fix so that the domain name doesn't have to be entered by changing the IIS settings on the exchange server to basic authentication.

What is the downside to this or in order words what kind of security holes would I be opening up if we made this change just so it was easier for the users to log in?

Thanks

Not at the office so I give you the exact path but there is an option in the same authentication settings area to always "assume" a particular domain. You enter the domain you want "assumed" in the text field next to it.

Was hoping that was the case, but don't see that for the pop3 virtual server. It is there for basic authentication for the smtp virtual server.

Sorry, the above post was meant for another thread.

Hi wdoellefeld, can you post the exact path so that owa can always assum a particular domain? Many thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back