Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Authentication Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

baxtej

MIS
Feb 5, 2009
US
We have set up a new Exchange server in our enterprise to handle emails to and from our help desk application. the SMTP side is working fine however I am unable to authenticate on the POP side. I can see the logon attempt when I look at current sessions in my default POP server however its kicking it back. Its looking like it might be somewhere between exchange and the AD but everything I have checked so far looks good. Does anyone have any thoughts or has anyone had a similar problem?

Baxtej,

Is this Exchange server in the same network as where you are trying to access the email from?

Is the account you are trying to access setup to use POP3 in AD?

Are you using SSL and do you have the ports set properly on the client?

In my experience most of the problems come up from the client side not the serer side as long as POP3 is enabled which it sounds like it is and the user is allowed POP3 access through AD.

Mike Walton
Network+ CCENT
New Technology Articles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back