Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

authentication problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

HebieBug

Programmer
Jan 8, 2001
JP
Have installed a IIS on one of our servers. The domain is created on another machine called SERVER1 the IIS is on SERVER2.
On server2 if I log in locally then I can update and create new websites. As soon as I login to the domain these privilages are taken away.
On server2 I have gone into computer management and added the builtin rights for IIS admin to the Active directory group Administrators and even the login that I am using administrator.
Have gone into the IIS manager and added my user name to the appropriate areas but still it will not allow me to make appopraite changes and adding.
Has anyone out there had a similar problems and a solution?

i'm having the same problem but no solution yet....

Solution is uninstall IIS and then re install it while logged into the domain.

my problem turned out to be some issues with Pre-Windows 2000 accounts on the domain. i edited the Security Policy accordingly and it's now it's smooth sailing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back