Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Authenticate Mobile User 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

danisrael

IS-IT--Management
Jan 29, 2013
US
I'd like to grant access to mobile users (not using OneX Mobile App) to some features on the system. Previously I had written a module that checked to see if the user entered their extension and logon codes correctly. However, that no longer seems to work. Is there another method I can use for this beyond just checking to see if the user is calling from their mobile twinning phone?

FNE service with mobile twinning.

Kevin Wing
ACSS Small and Medium Enterprise (SME) Communications
ACS- Implement IP Office
ACA- Implement IP Office
Vive Communications

Kevin, I am able to authenticate them using their mobile twinning number. But this would require they call using their mobile device (or a CLID listed as the twinning). Sometimes, these are not the same. Do you know of another way to accomplish.

Not ideal, but create a VM Pro Module with a decent variable on it to act as a PIN. Get them to enter the PIN, then create an action that allows them to dial however many digits are required (maybe with a specific prefix) to make a call from.

| ACSS SME |

Not a bad idea Pepp77. Using one pre-defined access code. Wish I could access individual's, but that may be the best I can do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back