Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Australish

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can hardly get what they say now as it is, so they get to add stuff that only they know the meaning of?
Bob's yer uncle!

"Impatience will reward you with dissatisfaction" RMS Cosmics'97

A5$£ Antlers" --- Pure Class :)

<Do I need A Signature or will an X do?>

Huh?

[santa]Mufasa
(aka Dave of Sandy, Utah, USA)
[I provide low-cost, remote Database Administration services: www.dasages.com]

Michael52 said:
You can hardly get what they say now as it is

Fair suck of the sauce-bottle cobber, our vernacular is pretty easy on the Williamstown Piers.

[sub]Never be afraid to share your dreams with the world.
There's nothing the world loves more than the taste of really sweet dreams.
[/sub]

Webflo

Santa
See Here

......but what about "arse antlers" ......Well, according to Macquarie these are "a tattoo just above the buttocks, having a central section and curving extensions on each side".....

<Do I need A Signature or will an X do?>

Will they bring out a Kiwish dictionary too or will Australish become Anzish.

I think I prefer the more descriptive versions;
US ... Tramp Stamp
UK ... Slag Tag

[Cheers]

Sabit like parliamo gelsca. Which taken with our, (and I use the word accurately) sense of humour, certain phrases and words are jut "Pyoor dead brulyant" or "fair dinkim".

For example hoodjathinkyerlookinatpal translates easily to a de Niro'ism. "Are you lookin at me?".

It reminds me of a classic Stanley Baxter sketch where an "academic glaswegian" gives an excellent translation from english to gelsca.

I think the Aussies have a very colourfull use of the language, and I for one like it. I suppose I had better had eh?

[blue] A perspective from the other side!![/blue]

Cheers
Scott

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back