Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Aura System web interface password reset

Status
Not open for further replies.

itsmyjob

Technical User
Sep 26, 2006
US
I came across a Avaya mentor video on youtube, How to Reset the Avaya Aura System Manager Web Admin Password.
I connect thru putty(SSH)and put admin as login, but can not figure out what the password would be. So i cant try the procedure. Would like to.
If I connect thru putty and connect thru serial connection I can login as superuser, But I am not sure I can reset the web interface password from there.
Any guidance on how to get into the web interface would be greatly appreciated. I've done some research, but thought I would give this a try. Thanks In advanced

You can reset the System Manager web admin password from its command line. You need to be root to do that. If you cannot ssh into System Manager as admin (or any other account), then you can connect to its console. As it is a virtual machine, you can do that in Xen/System Platform by logging in via ssh to dom0 as admin or cust, then su to root, then run the command "xm list". That will print all the virtual machines running and their domain ID as a digit. If System Manager were domain 3, "xm console 3" would bring you to the console and you could log in directly as root. If you're using VMWare, then from the vSphere console you could just bring up a console window for System Manager and again log in as root directly. The procedure is easy enough to follow, something about putting the admin account in a certain group, resetting its password for linux, logging into logging in as admin with the CLI password, then going to and you'll be allowed to set a new web password there.
Once you set a new web password, you have to go to AND CLICK THE PASSWORD RESET LINK AT THE BOTTOM RIGHT. The whole procedure basically lets you use your Linux CLI login for admin to set a new web password that you must change before logging in again to SMGR. It can be a bit of a pain if you haven't done it before and think you reset it OK but still aren't getting in.

Thanks kyle555. I can't seem to connect to the s8300. When I putty into the s8300 and use admin as my login, I never can get past the password to reset the System manger password. I can login through a serial connection on the DCP250 or G450 using root and the ggdaseuaimhrke. But that is the console port on the G450 and or DCP250.In the help command, i don't see any xmlist commands. I do see username commands and created another username and password with read/write. But i cannot login to the web of the s8300 with it. Any additional help would be appreciated. Thanks.

What system are you trying to access

Aura system manaher is as described. Auta communication manager is not possible without external assistance

Take Care

Matt
I have always wished that my computer would be as easy to use as my telephone.
My wish has come true. I no longer know how to use my telephone.

Yeah, I don't think you're trying to access system manager. System platform maybe. SMGR doesn't run on an 8300. Now, what do you mean when you say you're trying to ssh into the s8300? Which IP? If it's 192.11.13.6 on the services port, then that is dom0 of system platform. Now, depending on release, there are bugs that can corrupt the ldap of dom0 to the console domain web interface. So, if you can ssh to dom0 as admin and then root it but not access the system platform web interface, you might be able to fix that without reinstalling. What version of system platform are you running?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back