Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Aura Messaging

Status
Not open for further replies.

85adventures

Technical User
Jan 31, 2011
US
Currently, we have Modular Messaging 5.1 w/ Avaya Store. We are looking at replacing the system with Aura Messaging 6.3.

Can anyone tell me - how does the end user record caller application announcements in AM 6.3? When I look at the quick reference sheet, it appears that the option to press 5 for Personal options is still there, but the press 2 to record caller application announcement is not.

you need Caller Application Editor..
See Administering Avaya Aura Messaging, there is a chapter for this..
//JLMT

Yeah, I read it, but I was hoping there was more info elsewhere. The Avaya docs are notorious for not having all the information needed.

So, all our end users needing to record announcements need to have an installation of Caller Application Editor? Sounds like Avaya took several steps backwards.

You don't need the software if all they are doing is recording but if they are going to change it you do need a copy of it and you need to be on the same network.

Best way to record a new menu option or greeting is to send a VM to a users voice mail that way it is already in the right format.

Ken Means

"I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have."
- Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826)

It could take someone several tries before they get the recording correct, I would think. No chance to record, re-record, is there?

Then, how would you get the message from the account on the MAS to the Caller App? Would you have to retrieve it through email?

In the MM system it is not in WAV format so you can't move it to AAM from MM.(If you can let me know) You would need to save it with the WebClient or retrieve it from email and save it.

Then you upload it into the caller application.

Ken Means

The TN2501 announcement board uses the same .wav format as Caller Applications, doesn't it? If so, then I think this would possibly be a better way to record, then transfer to the Caller App.

I'm not sure if it does but if it does it in the right format then that would be a good way as well.

Ken Means

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back