Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Aura Messaging Notify Me/Reach Me feature not passing caller ID 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

avayastrongman79

Technical User
Mar 29, 2008
US
Good morning...

We have a customer with CM6 and Aura Messaging 6, with direct SIP integration, that wants to utilize outcalling for a critical oncall scenario. Customer uses standard PRI for outbound/inbound trunks in CM. Currently in our testing, the outcalling or Reach Me feature works....but it doesn't pass caller ID to the end device.

We've adjusted several different settings in the CM, and no dice thus far. When a mailbox receives a message and then initiates the outcall, how do we get the Aura Messaging system to pass caller id to the CM and then the CM can pass it to the cellphone or end device?

All stations on the system pass caller ID with no problem, when calling internal/external.

Thanks for your help,
R Walsh

Be interested to hear your results in the Avaya: Aura Messaging section of tek-tips. What does the configuration note for AAM 6.x show?

Are you sure that Aura Messaging is passing ANI of some kind? You should be able to see this easily in a trace of the SIP or even in the CM traces.

If it is not, and I'm not sure if it is capable of doing that, then either it is by design or a bug.

For Notify Me calls that show "unknown" I'd start with this:

MSG-6263

Notify Me calls to external numbers fail sometimes as the calling party number is empty. This fix allows the administrator to set the calling party number in the configuration file (/vs/data/sip/SIP_B-MANGO.cfg ) For example add line SIP.CallingId=12345 to the above file. Messaging service will require a restart for this parameter to take affect.

If you don't have root access to MSG you will need Avaya to make the entry in the SIP_B-MANGO.cfg

Chuck
RCT Technologies

Hi all, just wanted to quickly reply to your posts. We've opened up a ticket with Avaya's servers groups and also the CM group as well. They're currently researching and troubleshooting, as we've identified the exact same issue with our in-house AAM as well.

We did consult the config notes, and also try a few different settings changes on both the AAM and CM, but the AAM currently isn't passing Caller ID at all.

I will post again once we have a resolution from Avaya.

Thanks again for your help,
R Walsh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back