Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Aura DSP resource

Status
Not open for further replies.

rodeddie01

Technical User
Dec 16, 2010
PR
Hi,

Can anyone direct me to a site where it explains the DSP usage on the G450, looking for a chart that indicates how the DSP's are divided. Like how many I need for IP phones, MOH and recording.

Thanks

Not really. That's a sizing question.

They're all part of a pool. It's not like you can say X% are for IP phones and Y% are for recording.

Why are you needing to look for that?

Working on a Contact center solution and want to cover all my bases.

Thanks

Well, if you have some inputs, we could maybe tell you if you're running out.

This is a new site that will have the following,

- CM Simplex
- 1 G450
- 3 T1's
- 200 Agents all SIP phones
- Requested MOH, Voicemail and recording

Thanks

If your BP makes a quotation you need to fill in all kinds of stuff. SO for call center, the amount of calls per hour, average wait time, average talk time, after call time, etc will effect the needed DSP’s. In my opinion, if you want a good answer to this, contact a good BP.

Freelance Certified Avaya Aura Engineer

Yeah, you'll be fine. I think they all come with a MP160 now.

If all trunks are on calls, say 72, 2 DSPs each, you'd be using 144. Any other call could only use 1 DSP.

Now, if you're recording and 16 people each conference in a supervisor, you might bust.

Presuming all calls recorded via AES/DMSS and they are using 2 DSPs, then a G450 out of the box, you'd probably not hit limits.

So, get 2x MP160 and theres no way you'd hit limits.

*As long as you know that your 200 agents aren't all taking calls with 72 trunks

And once you bring in a SIP trunk or something, understand you'd be hard pressed to exceed capacity with 8X T1 recorded on a G450, but easily could on 8X E1.

If you're design input is max calls = 3 ISDN E1/T1 full of calls, then a G450 with 320DSP can't be reasonably oversubscribed.

You do only have 63 play ports for announcements. MOH is 1, but if you have 80 people in queue, they can all hear music. If your vector says "hear music for a minute and then tell them their call is very important", then you change from a music announcement to a regular one and those 80 people could all at the same time hear their call is important and that would bust the 63 play ports.

But again, that's probably more a theoretical problem than a practical one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back