Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Aura CM configuration for reception or security office.

Status
Not open for further replies.

RAF_Richard

Technical User
Feb 28, 2020
GB
Hi all

I am relatively new to Aura CM coming from a Avaya/Nortel CS1000 background. I am working with a large corporate customer who is transitioning to CM.
They have a requirement for a number or reception offices where calls can be distributed to the phones in that office and overflow to security office after hours.

I have setup a test hunt-group with queuing and 2 phones, both in a call pickup group. It works well with one issue: if the 1st receptionist is busy doing something and cannot answer a call on their phone and the 2nd receptionist uses the call-pickup key to answer it, the 1st receptionists phone cannot receive any more calls for the duration of that call as their call-appr key has a flashing green light indicating it is busy even though the call has been answered on the 2nd phone.

I have configured an Aux-work key on each phone so they can opt out of the hunt group when they are busy or away but the customer insists that they have the ability to answer each other calls without this restriction.

The issue seems to be with the call pickup feature, when a phone answers a call from another member in the call pickup group, the phone that the call was first presented on remains busy while that call is in progress and hence will not receive anymore calls from the hunt group.

Does anyone know of a way round this? Maybe there is a system option I am not aware of that can resolve it or perhaps a totally different configuration. Any ideas would be greatly received.

Richard

Should not need call pickup in a hunt group setup, if reception b is not available then have her go into an aux state then reception c should get the call, also try removing the queuing

Hi Joe2938

Thanks for tip but I have tried to argue that they should always press the aux-work key when not receiving calls but they say people will forget.
Have tried the hunt-group without queuing but that just restricts how many calls they can take before callers receive busy-tone.

Richard

I think you can make this work with the hunt group but another option would be to ring both phones for every call using a cover answer group. You can use a coverage time of day group to control the hours to send calls to reception during the day.

Hi Sean655, Thanks for suggestion, I will set this up and test with the customer.

Hi joe2938, They are using 1416 digital phones.

Thanks all for the tips. This issue was resolved by setting 'Temporary Bridged Appearance on Call Pickup?' to No. (System-Parameters Features page 16).
After setting this to No, the 2nd phone in the hunt-group could answer a call on the 1st phone, using call pick-up, and as the call is not now bridged the 1st phone is free to answer other calls. Many thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back