Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Aura 5.2 from S8500C 4.0 adding CMM

Status
Not open for further replies.

voippbx

Programmer
Jun 6, 2006
US
HELP! doing an upgrade tonight from CM 4.0 on a S8500C to Aura 5.2 and adding CMM -(which is replacing an old Intuity Audix) How can I upgrade the CM to 5.2 and add CMM? Do i need to install from the 4.0 cd CMM first then upgrade both?

Backup the existing translations, to an FTP server or the Flash card (or both to be safe)

Install the CM 5.2.1 CD, start from scratch and reload the server. During the reloading of CM 5.2.1, you will be asked if you want to install CMM (move the cursor down and place an X on that line)

Once CM 5 is loaded, and you have setup all of the passwords, IP address's, gone through "configure server", loaded your CM5 license and password file, you can them "resotre" the CM4 transaltions, and then start working on getting the CMM working (follow the documentation to setup the H323 trunk group, signalling, etc)

P.S. Don't forget you will also need to upgrade the SAMP firmware, I would suggest you do that first...

Mitch

AVAYA Certified Expert

Thanks Mitch!

Worked perfectly - however the CMM installed fine - statapp showed it DOWN then we installed license - auth file - then uploaded XLN from PC backup card then all of a sudden the messaging service in statapp dissappeared. IF you do a swversion it shows installed. I do a start -s Audix and it says it is running. HOwever you cannot see the messaging option in Web browser nor do we see the the service in statapp?

Avaya Insight shows that if this happens to reinstall/reimage the PBX - which we did 3 times last night but still no luck?

Any thoughts? CM S8500C R5.2.1 and Audix 5.2.1?

Did you remove the old Audix translations before saving? are you using the same IP as the audix? maybe look there. have done exactly what you did before with no problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back