Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Audix time is off on voicemail by 1 hour 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

cdiross

Technical User
Oct 23, 2006
US
Hi,

I use Avaya Site Administration tools to access and administrate our systems. I normally only do their display changes, voicemail adds/moves/changes.

Never changed the time before.

Can anybody walk me through the steps to change? I connect to audix and have the following options:

Step 1 - I click "Start Emulation"

INTUITY (TM) MAIN MENU
Audix Administration
Customer/Services Administration
Networking Administration
Switch Interface Administration
Upgrade
Voice System Administation

See thread690-1535011.

Susan
“Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.”

Thank you for responding,

but this doesn't tell me how to get to Unix Management. The menu I have doesn't have "unix Management" see above first post, (that is my menu I have after starting emulation)

Here' is the data from the link provided

Check the System Time/Date for Accuracy
The Avaya INTUITY system uses the UNIX System clock to perform certain time-dependent tasks, such as placing a time stamp on voice messages and doing the nightly backup of critical system data. This UNIX system clock loses approximately 3 seconds per day. So, every month, you should correct the system time and synchronize the UNIX system clock with the on-board (hardware) real-time clock.
To check the UNIX system clock:
From the Main Menu, select:
>UNIX Management
>UNIX Date and Time
Check the date and time information.
If there are inaccuracies, update the fields, particularly the Date: or Time: fields, as necessary.
Once the clock displays the correct time, press (F6) repeatedly to return to the Main Menu.

You will need to reboot after the time change has been made.

You should have two logon ID's for your Audix system - VM and SA. You need to use the SA logon ID for this.

Susan
“Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.”

You have an Intuity R-4, you need to go to CustomerServices/Admin and Drill down to system mgt. and unix mgt. You will need to reboot the system for the changes to take effect.

@phonesrus

Thank you! I successfully changed the time. However like you said, I have to reboot the system. Can you direct me how to do this remotely?

Thanks for your help, it's greatly appreciated.

To reboot system....
follow the menus
1 - Customer/Services Administration
to
2 - System Management
to
3 - System Control
to
4 - Reboot System

Ok, I'm there, but I don't see a "Reboot" option. Just below. Before I Shutdown, I'd like to make sure that will actually reboot and not shut them down completely. They're in another state and I'm doing admin remotely.

Shutdown System
Start Voice System
Stop Voice System

Thank you for your help!

Not sure why you would not have the "reboot" option...all of my systems have reboot, not sure what to till you in this instance.

I get the following:-
System Control

Display Reboot Information
Reboot System
Shutdown System
Start Voice System
Stop Voice System

Yeh, mine doesn't have either reboot option

I already changed the time, just can't reboot.

well if you have "hands/contact" on site I guess you could have them power the unit back up after you shutdown..

Systems older than 5.1 only had the shutdown option. No reboot option. Need somebody onsite to physically reboot.

Have you checked to see if the time is correct without rebooting? When I changed the time, it stopped and restarted the cron process. I then verified that new voice mails had the correct time (which they did). No reboot was necessary.

LOL, guess I shoulda checked that the first time. It did update without a reboot!

Thanks everybody for your fantastic help!

Actually, you only have to reboot the Audix voice system program for the changes to take effect.
If you follow the "stop voice system" prompted procedure (on Screen) and then "start voice system" procedure everything will be fine.
This is what I now do twice a year for all of my R-4 intuity customers, since AVAYA couldn't be bothered to produce a Patch for the DST Time change revision foisted upon us.
Also you should change the "Daylight Savings" field to "no" otherwise it will change on the old "DST" schedule once again, prompting another "do-over".
The "Cron" time is UNIX time, it is Audix "Annies" clock that needs the reset with the "stop/start" procedure, she is the one that is out of step.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back