Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Audix ports answering

Status
Not open for further replies.

rgtrgt

Technical User
Dec 12, 2006
US
All,
here's a weird one. Intermittent calls to voicemail are going to personal mailboxes instead of the normal system greeting. i dialed via remote access, then dialed each vm port, once in a while, instead of hearing your call is being answered by audix, the person you are calling.... i hear someones personal greeting.

Sounds like the integration is not working...is this something that worked before? If so, what changed?

yes, nothing changed. it's weird, almost like in an Octel where it would read say the incoming caller id & think it's a mailbox, meaning if you were calling from 212-123-4567, in my case we use 4 digit DP, the incoming call to the pilot would go to 2121, if 2121 were a mailbox, but i never heard of the Intuity having a similar issue.

Last reboot was December 4th, i thought of that also, but it's way to soon. Next Tuesday i'm upgrading it to 5.1.53 so i can get the DST patch, so maybe it will disappear.

I had an issue like that once.

Log onto the system and select the Voice System Administation, then select System Monitor

Make your test calls and see if it happens on 1 or more specific channels.

I found that only 2 channels were having the problem and discovered that the 2 ports had beene swapped during a crosswiring cleanup project.

all ports ring into the correct port, all lines are also wired correctly.

Do the audix port extensions defined in audix correctly match the extension numbers defined in the PBX? i.e. if you ports are programmed in the pbx as 1001, 1002, 1003, and 1004, every time you call extension 1003, you will ring to the 3rd port....however....if these ports are then defined in audix as something else or the wrong order....1004, 1003, 1002, 1001 then the integration wont work and you'll get exactly what you are describing.

-CL

the PBX is named Audix 0 - 23 for each analog station, the Intuity ports match up in when i check the services

Thanks guys, I just had a major upgrade and as soon as the techs were off site I had this exact problem and it was just two of the port were punched down wrong...
[thumbsup2]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back