Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

audix outcalling

Status
Not open for further replies.

applepie

Technical User
Jun 26, 2001
US
Can the intuity audix outcall to cell phones with text messaging? Thank you.

It will call the cellular phone with "Welcome to Audix, Please enter your extension #".....

We have a site using this and it at least saves them from calling back into the switch, since they are already at a login prompt.

If you find out about text messaging, I would love to hear about it.

I have been trying to set up my audix system to outcall a cell phone. I have been through about every possible string I can think of, and I can't get the cell phone to ring.

Just curious on how you set it up,

Outcalling number is currently:

9*5555555#

I have added pauses...removed pauses. Just looking for what might work. Our telecom people here can't even figure it out for me.

To have text messaging work, you have to get the carrier's pager access number for alphanumeric paging. You'll also have to get your audix admin to see if they can change the pager notification from 'numeric' to 'alpha'. So far, I haven't seen a 'traditional' voicemail system do that.

dolphinisms,

Be sure you have all the parameters set up correctly also for the outdial. Just tested mine to a cellular phone and it worked great with no pauses: 9xxx1234. [2thumbsup]

Found this information on thread690-624847 and it might be helpful:

1. Use the command "ch sys out" and make sure outcalling is activated. Also, set up the other information on this page- times,Interval, # of ports it can use fro outcalling,etc. The Docs say to be sure about the number of dogits you allow to limit toll fraud.
2. Use the "ch sub xxxx" and go to the second page to make sure outcalling is activated for the subscriber.
3. The user will use option #6 to set up the number in their personal mailbox

Also, you need to check the COR of the Audix ports in the PBX to make sure that they have permission to make outside calls.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back