Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Audix DST change

Status
Not open for further replies.

mojoputter

Technical User
Oct 11, 2005
US
I know when you turn off DST in the audix you have to reboot the system, which we have done. Now when I change the time on Sunday morn do I have to reboot again for the time change..?

Mojo,

I am planning on shutting off DST and changing the time Sunday morning. Will it force me to reboot after I turn DST off, or will I be able to do this all in one step?

Gotcha, thanks Mojo!

As to your question, I've only ever done one time change on the Audix and that was when we first got it. It did make me reboot to take effect. This is why I was hoping to do this all in one shot and only have to reboot once.

I was going to do mine remotely, until I read the part about the reboot. It looks like I will be coming to work that morning. Shouldnt take long though.

Hell, there are no rules here - we're trying to accomplish something.
Thomas A. Edison

For the best response to a question, read thread690-1323977

Mikey,

If it's a release 5 you can do it remotley. I did find out from Avaya that just to change the time you do not have to reboot, but if you change the DST option to NO you do have to reboot

mojoputter,

Unfortuantely, just changing the times only provides you with a couple of weeks of trouble free operation. If DST is still set to Y you will have to change the time again on April 1st, as the system will apply the conventional DST settings. The work around is not simply to change the time, but to change the time and set DST to N.

-Brian-
Semper Paratus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back