Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Audix died, need help

Status
Not open for further replies.

csdept

IS-IT--Management
Jan 9, 2009
US
Our Audix system died over the weekend...well, it's mostly dead. I can log in on the console and view settings, make changes, etc., but it doesn't answer. We can't receive messages or access messages we received prior to the failure.

I've rebooted the Audix box and tried re-seating the voice cards in the switch but neither solved anything.

We called a vendor who has done work for us in the past but they have not told us when, or if, they can come look at our system.

Is there anyone in the Chicago area, specifically western suburbs, who can call us to arrange a service call?

Thank you.

Kent

Have you verified that the lines do not ring?

By attaching an analog phone to the lines, and calling, you should hear the phone ring. If it does not, it may be that you have a bad ring generator or analog line card in your PBX.

Carpe dialem! (Seize the line!)

Yellow light on the voice cards. When we pulled them and re-seated them another LED showed green then went off.

How do I attach an analog phone to the "lines"? We are still receiving incoming calls and our receptionist transfers them, but if the person is away, Audix does not pick up.

When we dial 4399 to access voicemail we get a fast busy. When we call one of our auto-attendant lines, it just rings.

Kent

Switch hardware platform? Definity / CM software version?
Audix hardware platform? definity audix, intuity audix?
audix software version?
VM integration type? x.25, mode code, ethernet.

A great teacher, does not provide answers, but methods to teach others "How and where to find the answers"

bsh

36 years Bell, AT&T, Lucent, Avaya
Tier 3 for 26 years and counting

Definity switch, version R11i.02.0.110.4
Intuity Audix, not sure what version
Not sure of VM integration type.

The audix box itself should have analog lines (if it's an external audix) coming from the PBX. They would connect to cards inside of the PC chassis.

Those are usually analog lines.

Carpe dialem! (Seize the line!)

- status link 1 (if it's a clan integration) from the pbx

LDS (TELUS)

yes we can help - we are a local platinum business partner in Chicago. please call me at 630-929-7626 to discuss.

Thanks

We talked to a tech about our problem. It turns out that the first of our two voice cards is bad, so we swapped cards. The second card was showing MANOOS so we wondered if it has been OOS all this time. Anyway, we got it ON-HOOK and we have six lines into Audix and we're waiting to hear about a replacement card.

Thank you for all your suggestions.

Kent

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back