Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Audix corrupt mailbox?

Status
Not open for further replies.

auntsass4

Technical User
Feb 28, 2008
GB
I have a user who has never been able to access their voicemail. I dialled in to check their mailbox and when I did 'list sub' they did not show in the list. I then went to 'add sub' but the system says the extension is already being used. I then did 'list extens' and the extension still doesn't show. Is this mailbox corrupt? Is there any way of bringing it back? or am I completely missing something?

Thanks

Completely remove the subscriber and then add them back. See if that clears your troubles.

The wireless telegraph is not difficult to understand. The ordinary telegraph is like a very long cat. You pull the tail in New York, and it meows in Los Angeles. The wireless is the same, only without the cat.

Albert Einstein

For the best response to a question, read faq690-6594

Hi Mikeydidit

Thanks for your response

I cant 'display subscriber' either to delete it - any other ideas please?

Thanks

remove sub xxxx should do it.

What box are we working on??

The wireless telegraph is not difficult to understand. The ordinary telegraph is like a very long cat. You pull the tail in New York, and it meows in Los Angeles. The wireless is the same, only without the cat.

Albert Einstein

For the best response to a question, read faq690-6594

No - says subscriber does not exist.

Its an IA770

Thanks

Are you sure the Sub even has the right number?
They may be dailing a voice port by mistake or something?

Ask them the number then do a list usage on the switch to see if that helps find it.

Yes their voicemail box is the same number as their station on the switch - I think it must be corrupt as apparently the IA770's have a habit of doing this - I will just have to change the extension and mailbox.

Many thanks for all your help

It's probably being used in your attendant routing.Do a lis att routin in the mail and see if you see the extension.If so you will need to change and remove from that screen.Please let us know what you find out.
Thanks

Well!! This is a strange one - another of our engineers tried the exact same process as I had followed - add sub, rem sub etc and he managed to add the sub - I have no explanation I'm afraid and no, I am not mad.

Thanks for all of your tips and input - just looks like a corruption which strangely fixed itself.

Thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back