Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Audix Caller ID? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

sjforcum

Technical User
Jul 15, 2002
US
Is there a way to have Audix record the caller ID information to the header of a voice mail message?

It does it for internal calls (i.e. plays the recorded voice and then indicates which extension the message was left from) but for external calls all it says is "Voice Call".

I'm guessing it's possible but probably a RTU thing. I'm using Intuity Audix V4.

TIA,
Steve

It is a green feature that Avaya has to turn on.

In the future everything will work...

Glad I stumbled on this question...

Green Feature in Audix or Definity? And any additional hardware required in the Definity in order to do this? Thought maybe the analog card would need caller ID capability in the Definity.

Green feature on the Intuity. U have to pay Avaya for it. I think that it only works if u have a link to your Intuity, but don't know for sure.
No additional hardware, and I think that Avaya just has to turn it on in the Intuity. I.E. , they don't have to come out or download the software if your software is new enough. I don't know what version started having the feature.

Steve,

The feature for Calling Party Number in the Intuity AUDIX is a green feature, Special Application (SA8056). The Intuity must be release 4.3 or greater and the Definity must be release 5 or greater. The material code is 108090853 which can only be ordered through a 1011 form from the Rapid Response Group and the material code is non discountable.

As the feature states, it is calling party number. You will not get calling party name from external calls outside the PBX coming in over ISDN-PRI caller-id type services.

But, I don't think this will work for you. This will only collect and save CPN information with a message. Instead of saying "voice call received..." it'll say "voice call from 202-555-1212...".

Hope this helps.

It is a cheap green feature as well. Less than 500 to turn on.

Did anyone have any config note for AVAYA UM 5.0 integrate with Lotus Domino 6.5 information?

I am using G3csi(R12)TN2214 card connect with set emulaion card to UM Server.

There is also a setting in the Audix hunt group that you need to change.

Calling Party Number to INTUITY AUDIX? y

Calling Party to Audix requires a DCIU link to the Intuity, I tried to enable it on my Mode-Code setup, and it requires the Audix Name field to be filled in... :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back