Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Audix automated attendant question 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gabilini

Programmer
Nov 6, 2003
US
We have an attendant menu set up for one of our departments and we ask callers to enter in an extension to be transferred to their party. Does AUDIX have the capability to give callers the option of extension or name search in an attendant environment? I know you can do it when sending or transferring a message to another subscriber (*A) but when I do it in the menu it tells me that my action is invalid

Yes, you can do this by "front-ending" your existing Auto Attendant with another AA that prompts callers to press 1 if they know the extension of their party, or press 2 to dial by last name. If they press 1, the front end AA would route them to the existing AA. If they press 2, you would route them to a new AA that has Addressing Format set to "name", on page 2 of the subscriber form. On page 3 of the subscriber form for the new AA, set Extension to "e" and Treatment to "transfer" for buttons 2-9. For more information, check your Audix documentation.

=hang up & drive=

[yinyang]

Send me an email, I'll send you an example of how to do it.

Paul Beddows

Consulting, Avaya/EAS implementation, Training
Vancouver, Canada
E-mail avaya@vancouver.hm

Paul,
Can you send it to me too.
My mail id is bijay_mi@yahoo.com

Regards,
Defman

No problem, I'll send it this morning

Paul Beddows

Consulting, Avaya/EAS implementation, Training
Vancouver, Canada
E-mail avaya@vancouver.hm

Thank you Defman and Dialtone! I was able to figure it out from your instructions.
Have a great day!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back