Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Audit Trail

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 23, 2004
US
When doing a manual cost adjustment, there's no audit trail beside the log that prints out afterwards. Is there a software or VBA out there that would record the changes onto a table.

If your using SQL, you could create an exact copy of the table that your looking for, only call it *******_audit and place UPDATE, DELETE, INSERT triggers on it. This is what I have done and it works perfect. I have a complete record of what type of change and what changes have been made by what user.

Brad [spidey]

Well towards the end of the year, we're updating to 8.0. Hopefully we'll look into these options. Thanks for the infor.

Haven't login to the forum for awhile, how's everything here?

Back to business, I've been using Log Explorer for years now and every year look at new and old competitors but nobody makes it simple and cost effective than Lumigent. They've also introduce SOX compliance which help us more and HIPAA, etc. as well.

They have a 30-day trial which you can download.

hope this helps. if you decide to try the trial just tell me then i'll help you with the setup. i've been helping my GP vendor consultants to setup for their clients at no cost.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back