Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Audio problems with ac3

Status
Not open for further replies.

trop25

Technical User
Apr 17, 2005
SE
Hi
I got this problem:
When I have captured a short sequence from a dvd (making a filmquiz) and moved it in premerie as an avifile the sound isn´t working. I can se the timeline that it shows in 5.1 but it+s just a lot of noice insted of the right sound. I have coverted the sound to wav and the it works but I want the 5.1 sound, what do I do???
Plese help!!

Have you set up an audio track for surround audio?

I dont follow u, when I drag the avi to the timeline an audiochannel (with a small 5.1 sign i the top right corner of the cannel)is created but when i try to watch the avi in PP the audio i out of synk, sounding wrong and get silece after a few seconds. I have virtual dub for the change from DVD (mpeg) to AVI. When I watch the avifile seperatly in mediaplayer the is perfekt sound so why cant PP handle it??

Premiere Pro only allows stereo on stereo tracks, mono on mono tracks, and 5.1 on 5.1 tracks. Hence my question.

Premiere Pro doesn't handle MPEG on the timeline unless you have the MainConcept plug-in (at extra cost).

If you have already converted to AVI using Virtual Dub, it seems likely that you have a problem with the audio conversion. Maybe Audio Dub doesn't cope so well with 5.1?

Worth investigating a test segment with alternative audio conversion settings (if there are alternatives) to see if you can isolate the problem.

I have come so far that I have separated the sound to an ac3 file but that do not PP take. I also have created a 5.1 wavefile but when I import it into PP it will come out as 5 seperate file (one for each speaker, I supposed. I cant put them over one another. I have tried to create a new sequence and ther created a 5.1 channel (master) but I can´t import it into that channel. Any suggestions what do I do now?? What kind of 5.1 file can PP handle?? I´m out of ideas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back