Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Audio (MP3's) on web site..best way?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lexus

MIS
Oct 1, 1998
I need to put some audio files on a web site for a singer from his CD. A 30-second clip is 500 mb and a bit large.

I need to make it smaller or somehow d/l faster. I am not familiar with putting MP3's on a site other than the regular embed, etc., type stuff.

What I would REALLY love to do is something like at
Is there a better format for this guy's music or how do I convert it smaller from his CD?

I hope I have clarified what I am trying to do and would really appreciate any tips or suggestions for this. The simpler, the better!

Thanks in advance,
Lexus

**Quiquid latine dictum sit altum viditur.**

easiest way -- flash

compress to about 64 kbit for the music and it will still sound decent and get you smaller file size

best way media player/real player/flash

with flash you can make a player and load in all the music and have a user select a song to play.

<Signature>
Sometimes the Answer You Are LOOKING for can be FOUND BY SEARCHING THE FAQ'S @&%$*#!!!
</Signature>

I guess I need to learn Flash then..Which is easier: Flash (Studio MX) or Flash (Studio MX2004 Flash Professional)? I have all versions....

No easier way, eh?

same thing different capabilities as to how far you can take it

<Signature>
Sometimes the Answer You Are LOOKING for can be FOUND BY SEARCHING THE FAQ'S @&%$*#!!!
</Signature>

Buy the book Flash Bible by Robert Reinhardt & Snow Dowd.

Awesome books. I have all of his books for all of my software.
Flash
Dreamweaver
Fireworks, etc...
Flash takes a little getting used to but it has the lightbulb effect. Once you get it, there's no stopping you.
But the best thing about flash is it gives you very small file sizes when dealing with music.
Good luck!

@Lexus

You wrotte: &quot;A 30-second clip is 500 mb and a bit large.&quot;

Are you sure about this values? A 30-second clip converted from a CD into mp3 with a bitrate of 160 KBit/s has approx. 600 kb or converted with a bitrate of 64 Kbit/s the mp3 file should be something around 250 kb. The values I mentioned are in kb's not in mb's...

Try &quot;Music Match&quot; to extract the 30-second clip from the CD of this singer.

rgds Lupo
WEB Designer & WEB Developer (as per my working contract) [wink] and
Lupos.jpg

Yes, sorry...kb's. Can't I do that with Roxio ver. 5? I don't want to install MORE software on my PC!

I do not have any experience with &quot;Roxio&quot; software. If &quot;Roxio&quot; is able to extract songs/tracks from an audio cd and if &quot;Roxio&quot; does also the conversion into mp3, than it should go with &quot;Roxio&quot;.

rgds Lupo
WEB Designer & WEB Developer (as per my working contract) [wink] and
Lupos.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back