Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Audio CD Copying question, EZ CD Creator 5.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mulga

Technical User
Aug 14, 2001
AU
I have just installed EZ CD Creator 5.1 Platinum and have a question regarding the CD Copier function. When I copy an audio CD using the "copy to disk first" method the resulting copy is complete with all tracks and the associated information such as artist name, track titles and artwork, however if I copy directly from the DVD drive to the burner all the tracks copy ok but there is none of the associated info. Is this a bug, a normal scenario, or am I missing something? I am not the greatest expert on burning.
LG 24x12x40 Burner
Lite-On 16x DVD ROM
Windows XP Home All things are possible except skiing through a revolving door.

When you copy to disk first what drive you use. Cause if you use your Burner maybe he have a function that can get the artist and everything. If you use your DVD that is strange. Im not a user of Adaptec but when i use Nero theres always a CDDB window that appears to try to get the album title and artist. Maybe it's just that when you copy on the fly it dont access this CDDB databse. Try to find the option for that. anyway i always recommend to copy to disk before burning cause on the fly is kind of walking on a thight rope.

Hope it helps

Your problem may be due to a copyright code that will protect the data that you are missing. If this is so, the only way to get a complete copy is to copy to hard drive first. Try copying an older cd, say something 7 or 8 years old...then again, one that old may not have the added data (other than the music). I would experiment with other discs to see if the problem is just with the one you are having trouble with. I copy "on the fly" all the time, have had very few problems with this method.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back