Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Audio cable punched down to a bix block

Status
Not open for further replies.

dabble

Technical User
Jun 15, 2005
CA
I want to implement music on hold on a PBX trunk route.

I have an audio cable connected to a digital audio player.

Would it be possible to cut the connector from the one end of the audio cable and punch it down on a bix 110 block on the trunk route?

Thanks

If the question is really "can I connect an audio cable to a BIX block?", then the answer is Yes. Any IDC blocks work best with solid cable - so I normally make the audio cable out of cross-connect and cut it down like any other pair.

Either do what mforrence said, or scotchlock a piece of cross connect wire onto a premade audio cord and punch that down to the block.

jeff moss

Also to clarify block connectors, a BIX connector is NOT a 110 connector. They are very different products! They are NOT inter-changable or compatible in any fashion... Association in that context is confusing to people.

....JIM....

Yea I belive the BIX was actually created by Nortel also

Yes, it was Northern Telecom that created the BIX Crossconnect System around 1980. In the USA it was originally distributed by Cook Electric. It has been my preferred cross connect system since then...

....JIM....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back