Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Audible caller ID? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

cwhitmore

IS-IT--Management
May 14, 2008
US
We have a blind employee that has a digital handset and Phone Manager Pro installed. He uses a srceen reader called JAWS. He would like to know who is calling him. I looked in phone manager and there is a pop up option for an external program. I set it to notepad. It launched notepad when a call came in, but didn't enter the caller ID.
Is there a way he can have his caller ID on the phone display on his Windows 7 system?

Xima Chronicall Agent Dashboard desktop will give a pop up with the caller ID.
Softconsole would have too much information. Ditto One X.
[URL unfurl="true"]http://www.ximasoftware.com/chronicall/dashboards/[/url]

dashboards_perspective_2_small.png

That was left handed.

PhoneManager Lite can do that too but it only works on release 8.1 or below but it is free, softconsole can open a text file with the callers name and number (name only if it is in a database).
With VM Pro you can ask the caller to speak the name before a transfer and have that name spoken to the receiver of the call.

There are also special braille interfaces for IP Office in the market.

you may be able to fine a 3rd party programm that uses TAPI for this

I have never had to search for one so I cannot advise on any specifics
(any programmes out there who want to take a shot at this?)

A Maintenance contract is essential, not a Luxury.
Do things on the cheap & it will cost you dear

A small amount of work and a text to speech licence and you can have yourself a nice CLI reader presented to the user just before the call is presented.

ACSS - SME
General Geek

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back