Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ATX PSU Connections, 24-pin device

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
Can someone kindly direct me to a site that gives the connection details for a 400W ATX PSU with a 24-pin mobo connection. I have the details for a 20-pin, but cannot find a 24-pin one.

ROGER - GØAOZ.

oh dear

It sounds like you have been sold something that is proprietry, and not the open ATX spec. Get hold of a multimeter and work it all out, then rearrange the pin outs. But then you will still have to cut up and reform the connector. So it may well be easier to get a PC compatible ATX PSU.

The one you have got is probably a DELL, HP, Compaq, IBM. One of the global PC brands.

This PSU is for a Tyan Thunder K7 dual AMD mobo and DOES require a 24-pin connection. (There's also a further separate 8-pin power connector as well). The PSU I have is made by NMB Technologies, but neither the Tyan nor the NMB sites offer any technical details regarding connections/voltages, etc.

Yes I can measure some voltages, and yes I could take it apart and see which wires come off where on the pcb, but I would prefer to get info without opening the case and possible destroying the guarantee.

ROGER - GØAOZ.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back