Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Attribute display 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

iolaper

MIS
Jun 7, 2004
US
I came across this situation. At first it sounded simple but I have no answers for it.
Lets take Deal attribute for example. It has a DealID and DealDesc.
Now when I put it on the report and display both the ID and Desc, they both come up with one common heading called 'Deal' which is the attribute name. But I realized that I could not display DealID or Dealdesc on the header. The problem arises when I try to rename both the form names on the report.
The way I resolved it is by creating another attribute called Deal Desc and relating it to the actual Deal attribute via parent child relationships.
So is this the ONLY way?

Open up the report in edit mode. Go to menu option Data / Report Data Options / Display. Set the attribute alias to Deal Desc. No need for the other attribute.

I got that one, but lets take a simple attribute called Test with ID and Desc as it's two forms.
Now when I put it on my report and right click on it - > attribute forms ->(enable both ID and Desc).
When I run the report I get

Test
1 a
2 b
3 c

What I would really like to see with ONLY ONE single attribute is

TestID TestDesc
1 a
2 b
3 c

I guess this is not possible unless I define an attribute called TestID and another called TestDesc and put them on the report.
I am not able to elaborate this any further.

Thanks!!

Grid/Long Names will show the attribute form names.

You'll get something like

Attribute Name <space> Attribute Form Name

So in your example

Test ID Test Desc

There is an issue then if your attribute is called TestID, as the display would then be

TestID ID TestID Desc

But you can work round this easily enough :)

In Web you'll need to go to the preferences, Grid Display and make sure Show attribute form names is checked.

Yup!
That's close to what I was looking for !

Thanks guys!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back