Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Attn Nero 5.5 Users

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stealer

IS-IT--Management
Jul 5, 2001
US
Hi,

I have Nero v5.5 and wanted to check if this will work with windows XP. I have heard that windows XP has some problems with burning software. So anyone using Nero 5.5 with the InCd software I would like to hear how it works for you.

Thanks
Stephen

I'm running nero 5.5 on XP prof. As yet i've had no problems whatsoever. In fact, it's worked better now than it ever did under 98SE.
(The instructions that came with Nero suggested that i'd have to get a patch for running Nero under XP, the only patches i have installed are the standard windows update ones!)

My setup is exactly the same as caffrinho with the same outcomes. Works perfect!

I use Nero 5.5 with no problems as well.

On a side note, I just tried the built-in CD burning capabilities of XP (Pro) this weekend, and was very happy with the results.

You simply right-click, send to... one of your choices should be your CD burner. After the wizard completed burning the files, I noticed a little message saying it is based on Roxio technology/software.

Hi All,

Thanks for all the replies, I am having quite a few issues with Nero 5.5. In XP and 98se my burned cd's end up freezing my computer. The cd burner tries to read from the cd and spins up but then spin downs, it keeps doing this and while it is doing this I can't do anything else. Going to go look for a fix now.

Thanks all

Stephen

You may want to check your CD/RW drive - how old is it? Have you updated it with the latest BIOS? I had issues with an older Yamaha SCSI CDRW drive until I updated the BIOS of the drive.

Pax,
Richard

Thanks All,

After updating Nero and InCd to the latest versions I was still having problems, so I just decided to use Nero when booting into Win98se, and just use the built in buring features of xp. When I have more time I might try again but I am not going to have much time for a
little while.

Thanks for all the suggestions.
Stealer

I have Windows XP Pro and I am trying to install Nero 5.5, but when I try to install, it says a previous version of Nero has been detectted...REDICULOUS!!!

And then, it says I must REMOVE the previous installation in order to reinstall NERO.....WTF?

And then, it attempt to remove the 'previous' installation and then a message pops up says it has been interupted, the program will no longer run! I never installed it in the first place!

I am using the latest version of nero (version 5.5.9.0) and it works fine with xp. Do not use InCD as it seems to have the same problem that Roxio's Direct CD has with Windows XP (something to do with packet-writing). Try visiting for the latest on cd software, patches and upgrades. If it annoys Microsoft then it's worth doing, and doing well!!

There is no problem with InCD 3.31.0 and XP. It works perfectly fine but its best to disable XP's burning utility. It can be a problem with InCD.

Definitely no problems with latest InCD version/Nero Burning in XP but check Nero website for list of non-compatible drives - plus, as stated above, disable WinXP burning: just right click the CD-Rom Burn drive to get properties and last tab lets you disable CD-Burning from XP, allowing InCD do all the work - note that Roxio products still do not work well with XP even with latest patches and do not uninstall cleanly hence can cause problems with new installions of other software: Roxio.com has advice on clean uninstalls (for the purpose of a Roxio re-install !) that should ensure a good Nero install if you've previously used a Roxio product.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back