Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Attendent overflow 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fixin

Vendor
Mar 12, 2004
US
Using attendent overflow to RAD, can there be three greetings?
Example first message tells them who they called and are busy please stay on the line-then music- then second greeting says your call is important to us bla bla bla-then music- then third greeting saying something else- then music. While the whole time the caller is queued to the console?

On the 3300 Maybe but I don't think so and if then only 2

On the 200 no

On a different system - ????

What's most important is that you realise ... There is no spoon.

If you use the embedded VM as a RAD no, but there are RAD devices that you could most likely use that give you more fexibility on playing different messages each time the RAD is accessed. The big thing is I think that the system really doesn't have the ability to play the caller on trunk 1 a different message then the caller on trunk 2 simply because they are waiting longer.

Only aware of ACD able to do what you require.

I'd tell you a UDP joke but I'm afraid you won't get it. TCP jokes are the best because you always get them.

The only way to get this done on a 3300 is only with one greeting.

Set the 1st alt of the soft key/attendant to a RAD port
Configure the COS timer to define the time before the greeting is played

This is the only way people will hear a RAD greeting and stay in the queue.
Any other way will reset the call waiting timer and will place the caller after hearing the RAD greeting in the back of the line.

Make sure you restrict your RAD ports with a COR to prevent toll fraud

follow me on twitter:

You are stuck with a single RAD source so you need to fine a smart RAD device that can so what you want.

I'd tell you a UDP joke but I'm afraid you won't get it. TCP jokes are the best because you always get them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back