Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

attendant 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

daveinwearside

Programmer
Dec 12, 2003
GB
I need to set up a new promotion number for a client to ring on the attendant, I have set up a vdn and a vector for it which rings through to the switchboard fine.

Is there any way to tag the call or display on the switch board that the number is a promotion number so they can answer it appropriately?

thanks in advance

Dave

ACSS SME
APSS SME

A word to the wise ain't necessary - it's the stupid ones that need the advice.

Dave...
Might have been easier to just set it up as a LDN the you could name it XXXXXXXXX , Operator would be able to see it easily...just sayin !!

...bob...

cheers wellco whats an LDN?

ACSS SME
APSS SME

The vdn name will be passed through if you name that and it is specific for that utility.....

or in answer to your question

Listed Directory Numbers
Allows Direct Inward Dialing (DID) numbers to be treated as public Listed Directory Numbers
(LDNs). When one of these numbers is direct inward dialed, the calling party is routed to the
attendant. The attendant display indicates a Listed Directory Number call and the name
associated with the dialed extension.
The number of Listed Directory Numbers that can be assigned varies depending on system
configuration. See the Avaya Aura™ Communication Manager Hardware Description and
Reference, 555-245-207, for maximum values

Command "change listed directory number"

APSS (SME)
ACSS (SME)
ACIS (UC)

cheers monty,

I named the VDN but the receptionist says its not displaying, i suppose id best have a look myself.

Thanks for your help

ACSS SME
APSS SME

thanks fellas got it sorted

ACSS SME
APSS SME

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back