Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Attendant unable to use Flexible Feature Codes and SPRE + X

Status
Not open for further replies.

one234

IS-IT--Management
Mar 8, 2003
GB
Hello All,

I have a customer that is going to use Authorization Codes on multiple sites. I've implemented the configuration on all the sites. But on 1 site the customer is unable to dial the AUTH FFC using the attendant console.

If the attendant dials the *xx FFC AUTH code they get re-order tone. If they dial the same *xx on a normal set it works. They can enter the Auth code and then dial the external number. On all the other sites this is also working from the Attendant console.

I've done a trace on the attendant console and when they dial the *xx I see that it's converted to 7777 6 (SPRE + 6). So for some reason it looks like the attendant isn't allowed to dial flexible feature codes, but I have no clue way.

Hopefully someone could point me in the right direction to solve this issue...

Marc D.

If Bill Gates had a nickel for every time Windows crashed... Oh wait, he does...

Hi Firebird,

I've done that and they are the same. I've checked 2250, ATT, FCR, FFC, AUB, AUT, etc, etc. I've done some more tests and I think it's a bug in release 25.15. I've tested the SPRE + 6 at other customers using release 25.15 and none of them work. I also setup a release 25.15 in our lab and it's having the same issues...

Does anyone have the latest release 25.15 service packs for SSC processors? I can't find them on the ESPL anymore...

Marc D.

If Bill Gates had a nickel for every time Windows crashed... Oh wait, he does...

Ok I've done some tests... I'm almost 100% sure it's a bug in release 25.15.

I've loaded our prep file for release 25.15 in our lab system. Configured a M2250, the AUB and an AUT code. Dial the AUTH FFC and I got reorder tone.

Created an Archive backup of that release 25.15 database and upgraded/installed it in our release 4.50W machine.. And it works without any configuration changes...

I think the customer is out of luck on the release 25.15 machines... Unless maybe someone can provide me with the latest deplist/service pack for release 25.15 EMEA...

Marc D.

I've found this old file I had

Meridian Service Pack Library Option 11c Version 25.15
Meridian 1 Core PEP Service Packs
All duplicate patches must be removed prior to the installation of any service packs.
PEP ID Issue Machine SW Load Status
MPLR14000
4 11C 25.15 Released
Title: SERVICE PACK: MANDATORY INITIAL PATCH
MPLR14001
4 11C 25.15 Released
Title: SERVICE PACK: CORE
MPLR14002
4 11C 25.15 Released
Title: SERVICE PACK: SCCS
MPLR14003
4 11C 25.15 Released
Title: SERVICE PACK: CALL PILOT
MPLR14004
4 11C 25.15 Released
Title: SERVICE PACK: CCR/MLINK
MPLR14005
9 11C 25.15 Released
Title: SERVICE PACK: DECT
MPLR14006
4 11C 25.15 Released
Title: SERVICE PACK: IP (LINESIDE AND TRUNKSIDE)
MPLR14007
4 11C 25.15 Released
Title: SERVICE PACK: QSIG
MPLR14008
4 11C 25.15 Released
Title: SERVICE PACK: EUROISDN
MPLR14009
4 11C 25.15 Released
Title: SERVICE PACK: VNS
MPLR14010
5 11C 25.15 Released
Title: SERVICE PACK: DASS/DPNSS
MPLR14011
4 11C 25.15 Released
Title: SERVICE PACK: MCDN
MPLR14012
4 11C 25.15 Released
Title: SERVICE PACK: BRI
MPLR14013
4 11C 25.15 Released
Title: SERVICE PACK: BRAVO
MPLR14014
5 11C 25.15 Released
Title: SERVICE PACK: ORION SET
MPLR14015
4 11C 25.15 Released
Title: SERVICE PACK: TAURUS SET
MPLR14016
4 11C 25.15 Released
Title: SERVICE PACK: BFS/BSFE
MPLR14017
4 11C 25.15 Released
Title: SERVICE PACK: CDR
MPLR14018
4 11C 25.15 Released
Title: SERVICE PACK: GROUP HUNT/PLDN
MPLR14019
4 11C 25.15 Released
Title: SERVICE PACK: ACD/NACD
MPLR14020
4 11C 25.15 Released
Title: SERVICE PACK: MMAIL
MPLR14021
4 11C 25.15 Released
Title: SERVICE PACK: R2MFC/DTI2
MPLR14022
4 11C 25.15 Released
Title: SERVICE PACK: MAT/OTM

I have most of these patches if you need them. Just try and contact me via the link below.

All the best

Firebird Scrambler
Meridian 1 / Succession and BCM / Norstar Programmer in the UK

If it's working, then leave it alone!.

Hi David,

Thank you for all your efforts regarding my question.

I'm not sure but if I remember correct I need the MPLR16xxx patches. I can't remember ever installing MPLR14xxx patches. Then again... UK is EMEA too as far as I know :) I could try to install the patches in our lab 1st to see if they can be installed here.

I send you a request using the above link

Marc D.

Hello Marc

We are EMEA as well. I'm sure you are correct and I seem to remember that a patch was written at 25.15. Trouble is that I can't recall the number!.

All the best

Firebird Scrambler

Just a thought, but has the M2250 console been swapped out?. A colleague of mine once had a strange problem whereby the console couldn't dial a FFC code even though call traces showed it to be working OK.

It started working again after he changed out the console.

All the best

Firebird Scrambler

Hi David,

You are right. The 14xxx are for release 25.15 and the 16xxx are for release 25.40 :) But unfortunately the patches didn't solve the issue...

I did some more comparing between the sites that are working and the sites that are not working. I also found a release 4.5 system this isn't working... The main difference I found until now is that the not working sites do not have package 39 and 63. But what I don't understand is why packages 39 and 63 are required for the attendant and not for normal sets...

Marc D.

Hello Marc

Another thought I've had. Have you compared the features sets on all the sites in case there is a difference such as ACD or Networking etc?.

All the best

Firebird Scrambler

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back