Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Attendant Pos-Busy not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

ajeschke

MIS
Apr 9, 2005
US
I’m having trouble getting my attendant Pos-Busy to work properly and I’ve looked at thread 946737 but that didn’t resolve the issue. When Pos-Busy is active, dialing 0 will still queue the call to the attendant. With the handset unplugged, dialing 0 will return a busy.

The attendant is not a member of a hunt group.
There is only one attendant listed under ‘Display Console Params’
0 on the dial plan is set for attd

The system is a G3si V6.

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

Andy

With only one console, position busy has no effect unless you turn on night service, or you have a backup defined in console services. Position busy is designed to take a particular console out of the "Q", with the assumption that you have more than one operator console administered.

Thank you for your response phonesrus. I thought that I was missing something because I got the impression from thread 1107847 that if there was only one operator, then Pos-Busy should return a busy.

Andy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back