Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

attendant overflow MOH not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

begems

Technical User
Dec 19, 2003
BE
Hi,

Have the following setup:

1)Rad ports from the embedded voicemail into a huntgroup (type voice)
2)Call fwd 1ste alternative of the 5550 console towards that huntgroup

Calls directly towards the operator have the desired behaviour: after the call forwards no answer timer of the COS of the console expires, the rad message is played and after the message I get music on hold...

Then the scenario that isn't working: I call an extension with a call forward 1ste (secretary) and 2nd (5550 attendant) alternative.
After the call forward no answer timer in the COS of the extension expires, the call is rerouted towards the 1ste alternative. After the call reroute timer in the system options expires, the call is rerouted towards the 2nd alternative, which is the console. When you expect to get the rad message from above (after the call forward no answer timer of the 5550 COS expires), the call is routed back to the first alternative.

The number of call forward hops in the system options is set to 5...

Anyone any idea's?

Thanks in advance.

don't beleive a device will follow another devices reroutes. Your set is doing its own first and second reroute but will not then uset the consoles reroutes.

The single biggest problem with communications is the illusion that it has taken place.

The Called device has control of the call for rerouting.

This means that eventhough the console is a destination for Rerouting, the call will not follow the consoles rerouting as the console was not the device that was called.

What's most important is that you realise ... There is no spoon.

Thanks for the responses.

Does this all mean there's no way to get callers who called the ddi numbers at a customer's site which are forwarded towards the operator console using the Call Rerouting alternatives will never get into the operators queue?

And most important, how do we get them into the queue of the console and let them receive the rad message and MOH while waiting, instead of being routed back towards the last alternative?

Regards

As above if you reroute to another device it wont follow that devices rerouting.

I can understand the reroute of the new device is not followed.
I don't understand that it is routed back to a position that didn't answer before.

Is there a way to get the external callers into the operators queue?

If you use forwarding instead of rerouting the calls will queue for the console. (90%++ confidence)

What's most important is that you realise ... There is no spoon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back