Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Attendant / Console / X24

Status
Not open for further replies.

fastbusy

MIS
Nov 30, 2000
GB
Guys -

Anyone know how to configure a G3Si to use any old handset as an attendant console ?

I've seen "add att 2", but the handset choices on offer are only "console" and "302B1" ... The PBX code load is "G3V6i.03.1.230.8".

It would be nice to add a spare console handset using a 6424D+ or something similar, since presently in our company, the attendants remember all of the internal DID extentions.

Also, we don't have attendant vectoring. It would be nice for me to remove the current LDN DDI and replace with a VDN DDI and vector. Anyone know how to queue-to an attendant group without attendant vectoring installed ?

How does the Generic 3 allocate calls to an attendant group, and how does a handset become a member of such a group. I'm concerned that I'm missing something important.

Also, I was wondering if it is possible to convert an existing handset into an X24 expansion module to be connected to another handset ? I've tried an RJ11 and as expected it didn't work. Is this possible anyone ?

You can't use other digital phones as a attendant console. While the attendant console is DCP(Digital Communications Protocol - Avaya's propriatary digital protocol) based, it behaves differently than a standard digital set. An attendant group is almost like an ACD hunt group where calls coming into the LDN can be answered by any of the attendants. Check ELMO ( for attendant documentation.

Some companies don't use attendant consoles and change their LDN to a VDN and give their attenants regular digital phones and put them in a hunt group or skill. There are features that the attendants can do that a digital telephone user can not do (and visa versa). You would need to check the type of functions your agents perform.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back