Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Attendant console showing wrong name

Status
Not open for further replies.

inbound

MIS
Sep 13, 2006
US
I'm fairly new to CM so bear with me. I have a receptionist, Betty, that is using is the Cisco Attendant Console at her desk along with her 7960 with a sidecar. Here's the problem: When Betty calls someone from her phone it shows another receptionists name, Sue, in CAC, not Betty's. Sue no longer works here and I cant find any references to her name in CM. If I look at Betty's DN configuration it has the correct name and the Attendant Consoles Users page look okay too (that is Betty is in there and not Sue). Any ideas?

The names have been changed to protect the innocent ;)

Ok when you bring up the 7960 in CM are you just looking at the device name or are you going into the actual DN assigned to the phone? That is where you change the name on the DN itslef not on the device name.

Thanks for the reply. I'm actually looking at the DN itself. I can change it and then when she calls me it displays the change on my 7940 phone, but it still says "Sue" in the CAC.

Just a shot here mind you as I'm not an expert on CAC by any means, but have you checked the Login Credentials that you use to log into CAC against your Global Directory? Perhaps its pulling the name from there somehow?

John Lever
Telecommunications
Richland School District Two

And by the user, I mean your main ac user where you setup the device associations, not the Attendant Console User you setup under Services/Attendant Console.

John Lever
Telecommunications

I did check the Global Directory and Betty's name is in there and the employee that is no longer here (Sue) is not in there. I went into Service|Attd Console; Betty is in there but her login id was different than her global dir user id so I matched those up. Sue's name still shows when Betty calls out (again, not on the phone itself, just in the CAC).

Did you check the name on the 'ac' account in Global Directory?

John Lever
Telecommunications

Oh I see, device association and Not Services|Attendant Console. I am now in the looking up AC in the Global Dir and I do find one called Attendant Console. When I look at the associatd devices it reference's Betty's ext, but again no reference to Sue..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back