Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Attendant Console Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

novatech

Technical User
May 7, 2002
US
I need help with the attendant console. I'm told by the receptionist that when she places calls on hold and then goes back to transfer those calls, she can't pick up the first line, she has to work backwards.

For instance, first call comes in, is placed on hold, second call comes in, is placed on hold. Receptionist wants to pick up the first line to transfer the call but can't, she MUST pick up the second call that was placed on hold thus working backwards.

Anyone come across this?
Thanks.

Update to original post...

If you are using the attendant console PC software, you can pick up any line that is on hold and transfer it. So, it works fine with the PC software but you can't pick up a random line on the physical phone, you have to work backwards line by line.

Make sure that you have call waiting disabled on all lines of the IP phone.

"For every complex problem, there is a solution that is simple, neat and wrong" -- H.L. Mencken

FYI:

You can actually get away without using the PC software. If you setup multiple lines on the reception phone (I used a 7960) and then create a pilot number with each line on the phone as members of a hunt group it will work too.

I set this up for reception at my shop and she switches back and forth between phone and software depending on what she is doing without a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back