Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Attendant Console Night Service destination does not work

Status
Not open for further replies.

ttcsbarry

Vendor
Sep 9, 2003
US
Attendant Console Night Service destination does not work. I put the voicemail lead number in the Night Destination field on the Tenant screen. When you put the console into night service and then dial 0, you get a busy. Screen shots are as follows:

status attendant 1
ATTENDANT STATUS

Console Number: 1 Service State: in-service/night service
Port: 01A0501 Download Status: pending

Connected Ports:

change tenant 1 Page 1 of 2

TENANT 1

Tenant Description:

Attendant Group: 1

Ext Alert Port (TAAS):

Night Destination: 3050

Music Source: 1

Attendant Vectoring VDN:

Try Command: enable night att 1

A great teacher, does not provide answers, but methods to teach others "How and where to find the answers"

bsh

35 years Bell, AT&T, Lucent, Avaya
Tier 3 for 25 years and counting

No that didn't work. The only thing that command seems to do is enable night service if night service is not turned on, but it was already turned on. When I typed the command, it gave me a status message that says that the feature was already enabled. Any other suggestions?

what hardware platform, what cm software version?

change listed-directory-numbers Page 1 of 2
LISTED DIRECTORY NUMBERS

Night Destination:

Ext Name TN
1: 2490 Main Number 1

Try a Night Destination: here

A great teacher, does not provide answers, but methods to teach others "How and where to find the answers"

bsh

Hardware platform is S8500B's and S8500C's. Software is 3.1.4, 3.0.0 and 4.0.1. There are several sites. They have Tenant Partitioning. It all started with one site (S8500B with CM 3.1.4). Because of the time zones and the reluctance of the staff to take time to test with me, I then started looking at other sites and creating test senario's that I could control remotely.

So, I'm not sure if it is a combination of my testing methods, or what. Here's what I know:

I have a site with one attendant console. Dialplan analysis shows 0 as an extension. 0 is the group extension for a hunt group with cover path to attendant. They wanted this so that they could temporarily invoke hunt-ns during the day to an extension that is bridged on several phones. That works correctly. But if I put the console in night, and I have the night destination populated with Octel Voicemail number (Group extension for a hunt group), calling 0 gets a busy. Also if I build an x ported DID station and call that number, I get a busy. If I take an existing station and change the coverage path to attd, it just rings open.

Could it be that you can't have an attendant go to a Night Service destination if in order to get to the attendant you get there via a coverage path? In this situation 0 is Hunt Group 10's group extension that covers to the attendant. Here is how the hunt group is built:

display hunt-group 10 Page 1 of 60
HUNT GROUP

Group Number: 10 ACD? n
Group Name: Attendant Queue? n
Group Extension: 0 Vector? n
Group Type: ucd-mia Coverage Path: 3
TN: 1 Night Service Destination: 5005
COR: 1 MM Early Answer? n
Security Code: Local Agent Preference? n
ISDN/SIP Caller Display:

Here is how the voicemail hunt group is built:
display hunt-group 2 Page 1 of 60
HUNT GROUP

Group Number: 2 ACD? n
Group Name: Voicemail Queue? y
Group Extension: 3050 Vector? n
Group Type: ucd-mia Coverage Path:
TN: 1 Night Service Destination:
COR: 1 MM Early Answer? n
Security Code: Local Agent Preference? n
ISDN/SIP Caller Display:

Queue Limit: 15
Calls Warning Threshold: Port:
Time Warning Threshold: Port:

Here is how Tenant 1 is built:

change tenant 1 Page 1 of 2

TENANT 1

Tenant Description:

Attendant Group: 1

Ext Alert Port (TAAS):

Night Destination: 3050

Music Source: 1

Attendant Vectoring VDN:

Any comments or suggestions?

You should read the feature description for Tenant partitioning for the load you are working with.
There is a detailed section on Attendant service and night service and how changing system defaults for tenants can break some types of calls.

example, Anyone in tenant 1 can call all other facilities in the other tenants.
You can make changes to this default but it can break some services.

Ideally you would have 3 tenants (2, 3, 4) one for each tenant and restrictions between 2, 3, an 4.

You can go here, put in the load for the switch you're working with.

CD documentation library, you can view online or download for your PC.

Here is online view for cm3.1.x feature description

Night Service
Each tenant can have a listed directory number (LDN) night destination, a trunk answer on
any any station (TAAS) port, or a night attendant that only the tenant uses.

bsh

Try adding a Hunt-NS button on the console or a phone, you have to program it as whatever the hunt group number is , in your case number 10. Dial 0 wont work as you have it set as a hunt group , if you want it to work i think you have to have 0 as an attndant group, in change dial-plan a then make 0 an attendant, you must remove any other things 0 is before hand though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back